Remote work has now become an emerging trend for most businesses in this COVID-19 era, wherein you can work from the comfort of your home.
But if you still need some help getting used to this new remote style of working, go through the tips below to maintain a creative, productive and focused work life, even while working remotely.
1. Set Up Your Workspace
When you start working remotely, the first thing you should do is set up a comfortable yet professional working space. Here are a few things that can help you set up your workspace at home:
- You should pick a room or part of your room that you want to call your work area. This will help you maintain a difference between work and personal space and improve your creativity.
- You should make sure that this area is far from any distractions so that you can work with ease.
- The next thing you should get is a desk and a chair, making it look like a professional zone.
- After creating a professional environment, make sure you have access to a sound Wi-Fi system to be accessible and connected.
- You can also get some good noise-cancelling headphones to cut off all background noise and stay focused on your work.
2. Start A Routine
With remote work becoming an emerging trend due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, it is necessary to create a work routine at home to constantly stay focused. It is easy to get distracted at home, and unless you organise your time and plan it out well, you run the risk of being unproductive and on-call 24X7. To avoid this kind of situation, you must:
- Create a beginning and end time to log on and log off.
- Make a timesheet of when you will start your work but make sure you keep a log out time, so you have time for yourself after work.
- Start a morning habit to begin work, like browsing through your daily tasks while sipping on a hot cup of tea. This will make you want to get up and work at this time every day.
- It would be best if you also tried to create a ritual before you log off, like creating a to-do list for the next day so that you know when it’s time to stop working.
- Creating a to-do list will also help you plan out your work for the next day and set targets for you to stay productive.
3. Take Breaks
As part of this routine, you must also take shorter breaks throughout the day to avoid getting stressed out. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind when taking breaks:
- You can start by assigning ten to fifteen minutes to some excellent quality meditation or yoga. This will help you regain focus and keep you relaxed and motivated.
- You can go for a walk in your park or listen to music for ten minutes to get those creative juices flowing again.
- Staring at the computer screen all day can give you headaches and make your vision blurred. Therefore, it is essential to try and give your eyes a break from the computer screen every 20 minutes.
- Look at something far away or walk away from the computer for a minute.
- You must also take some time out every day to stretch your body since you have been sitting in the same position.
Taking these short breaks has helped increase employee productivity for several businesses and helped people stay creative and focused and made remote working more popular in Melbourne. In fact, now many business owners looking for new business ventures also prefer finding a business for sale in Melbourne that can be managed remotely.
4. Stay Connected
Besides these tips for working remotely, another vital thing to remember is to stay connected. These COVID-19 times can get lonely and frustrating wherein you have to sit at home all day and stare at your screens.
Therefore, it is necessary to stay in constant touch with your colleagues by participating in video chats and group messages. Here are a few ways to keep in touch constantly:
- Send greetings in the office groups in the mornings and whenever you log off.
- One of the critical ways for staying connected is to conduct regular check-ups on colleagues to see how they are doing. Give them a call or message them to keep in touch.
- You should also participate in video and audio calls with management and the rest of the staff to be aware of what is happening.
- It is also important to keep helping each other out to stay on top of your work in these challenging times.
With the help of these pointers, you will be able to work remotely with ease and stay productive and creative outside of your office.