Absolutely yes, without a doubt. If you want to wear men’s jeans, you definitely can. Make sure to get the fit best suited to your body type, looks great and feels comfortable.
If you are a woman, you’ve probably tried wearing men’s jeans at a certain time in your life. You might have even gotten successful, but after you’ve started feeling embarrassed and self-conscious about how you look, you gave up on the idea. Or perhaps you might not like the idea of how they fit.
Wait a minute! Do you know or have seen any women who dress in men’s jeans? If that’s the case, you might be amazed to know that the answer is yes. In this article, you’ll learn whether or not women can wear men’s jeans, and how you can differentiate between men’s and women’s jeans UK.
Below, we’ve broken down some essentials to know about the question you asked, Can women wear men’s jeans?
How Do You If the Jeans You’re Buying are For Women or Men?
- Men’s jeans typically have wider legs, higher waistbands, and higher crotch cuts, while women’s jeans often tend to have a lower waistline and a flared leg design. Additionally, they include three rear pockets and two front pockets.
- Women’s jeans are more well-suited to feminine body types than men’s jeans, which is obvious. On the contrary, jeans for men are designed to be donned by men because they typically have shorter waists and wider shoulders.
- The only way to figure out whether the jeans are for women or men, check the label inside the rear pockets of the jeans. You’ll see some specific words like “Men’s”, “Boys”, or “Women’s”. If you see any of those terms, the pair of jeans is intended for the name written on the label.
Can Women Wear Men’s Jeans?
- Of course, women can. Women definitely can wear men’s jeans. It’s pretty acceptable in every way. They can dress perfectly well in men’s jeans if you choose to.
- There are many women wearing men’s jeans currently. They look great, feel comfortable, and offer a nice transition between their pants and dresses. But it is crucial to understand that men’s jeans are no longer exclusive to men. Men’s jeans are making a big splash in the fashion world and are highly suitable to wear for women as well.
- Plus, there is no particular reason that a woman can’t wear and dress up in men’s jeans, of course, you can, beauties. There are many terrific men’s jeans available that are quite cosy and ideal to suit your way of life.
- Last, but most important of all, every woman can wear men’s jeans as long as they are fitted properly.
Is the Jeans Size the Same For Women and Men?
- Men and women wear various sizes of jeans. Guys typically wear larger sizes as their hips and thighs are wider than women’s thighs and hips.
- Men’s jeans are generally available in regular sizes. No worries, you can buy men’s skinny jeans because they are in relatively smaller sizes. Similarly, women’s jeans come in standard and petite/skinny jeans.
- Ladies’ jeans are generally available in petite size because of their smaller hips and relatively thin thighs than men. Plus, another thing to remember is that men’s jeans are a little bit longer while ladies’ jeans are a little bit shorter than men’s jeans. And usually because of the general height of women and men.
What are the Key Differences Between the Jeans For Women & Men?
In general, jeans are considered a laid-back dress item, but there are some key points when differentiating them for both genders.
- The obvious and foremost difference is that ladies’ jeans are typically more fitted and slimmer than men’s. Plus, ladies’ jeans tend to be shorter, lower cut, and have a lower waistline.
- On the contrary, men’s jeans are a bit bigger with a higher waistline. They also have a longer inseam and lower leg opening, which is generally closer to the natural thigh length of men.
- Another key difference between the two is the fabric used in the making of both types of jeans.
- Ladies’ jeans are generally made from durable and stretchy denim, while men’s jeans are typically made from a sturdier and heavier material.
- Another key difference is their silhouette. Men’s jeans seem to be more streamlined, while ladies’ jeans have a fuller cut.
Finally, a woman can wear men’s jeans without any doubt. It all depends on the cut. The key to wearing men’s jeans is finding a pair that fits you well, complements your body type, and accentuates your curves.